Tuesday 10 January 2017

PLANNING: UPDATED TOP LINE AND BIG QUESTION

Frank Ash is a Creative Consultant at the BBC Academy and whilst watching his video about the top line and big question, I discovered that it is important to focus on the audience and that the main factor of identification is through the Top Line and Big Question.


An example of a top line for a film is : A fellowship of citizens finally find their worth in the world when they are tasked to destroy the one ring.


An example of the Big Question is: How will the ring be destroyed when there is such a little chance of success? How will such small heroes conquer such a big hero?



For my Film Opening, I decided that the Top Line would be: "A lone soldier returns from a devastating turn in Afghanistan and has become diagnosed with PTSD, where he is cursed to walk the streets of his old life with the nightmares of his life in the army"
Upon planning what the story of my opening would be, I decided that the Big Question of my film would be "How do you pick up the threads of an old life?"

No comments:

Post a Comment